Wednesday, August 29, 2012

the actual day she came....

 Thursday- Aug 16th- at 6:15 am- My doctor called me from her house to my hospital room to check in on my status.  I had been in a out of the hospital the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy.  It was completely a test of faith to be constantly away from my kids, planning who went where, and trying to make it just a little further in my pregnancy.  But, that morning- God knew it would be Harper Kate's first breath- her birthday- and a day to celebrate her life.  So once my doctor made the actual "call" that my c- section was about to happen- my emotions and nerves kicked in.  I'll never forget- when my doctor said- "ok, shelli I'll see you in the OR at 7:15, you are having a baby today!"  My heart leaped for joy, but also having a c-section is a lot on my body- I just started praying- Lord please keep me safe- give hk strong lungs, and let her be a great eater, healthy, and strong." Peace began to cover me. 
My precious hubby- nervious and excited at the same time as well!

There she is- screaming- she is here, ohhhhhhhhh that scream- thank you lord.

 seeing my baby girl for the first time- she was perfect and so tiny- my heart overflowing at this point.

So happy. so thankful.

holding her...

taking her home.

Watch out world- we are a family of 5, oh my goodness.....so thankful for this journey- god is so good!  Here we are going home from the hospital!

No comments: