Sunday, August 12, 2012

pregnancy update...34 weeks

We have made it to 34 weeks.  As of last week we didn't think we would be making it at all past 33 weeks, with my contractions, pre-eclampsia, and yucky feeling.  I was in the labor and delivery unit from last mon-weds, and thought I could go home and manage.  Thursday I had my doc apt and my wonderful OB sent me right back down to l&d to be monitored.  I was there until yesterday (sat) afternoon.  I am still on complete bed rest.  This bedrest is the type that I get up to go to the bathroom and go right back to laying down.  It's not super fun.  But, for me to keep HK in me a few more days, or maybe a week or so is huge. 

My preclampsia is a little different this time.  I had it with graham, and I had everything symptom.  I had the major swelling, high high blood pressures, protein in urine, it all.  I am thankful that this time I am really only showing protein in my urine, and a constant headache, with a bit of blurred vision.  My doc has watched me extremely closely due to the fact my first go round with this all, it hit me fast, hard, and took me 4 months after delivering graham to heal. 

So, we are home.  I am thankful for my parents staying at the house with graham all last week, and mike's mom for taking care of ellie at her b-ham house.  It was a HUGE blessing, and HUGE help to us.  Mike was able to stay with me as much as he could balancing work, kids, and me. =)  We are so very blessed and thankful for all that have constantly stood in the gap for us, and let miss hk grow a little longer.  Oh my goodness, we will be so thrilled when she is here.  So thrilled.

My heart is truly thankful to you all that already have brought meals.  I am telling you- that is such a blessing with kids, being on bed rest, and not wearing my the grandparents out too much with kids, meals, and all.  I have teared up a lot this week from the prayers given to our family, and love that has surrounded us.  Thank you!

And don't worry....I will send out a massive text when she is here. =)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love your updates and am so glad that you have made it so far! Praying for yall everyday and cant wait to hear of her safe arrival. I know she will be beautiful!