Monday, September 14, 2009

"Her" name!

Now that we found out we are having a girl, everyone asks- "Have you picked out a name?" Well, after prayer and many hours of going through names, baby girl Morrow does have a name! We are very blessed by many in our family- and having a girl- it was hard to decide on a name b/c we have so many "blessed" ladies in our lives! I wanted to name her something extremely special and I pray these names will bless her and the people we've named her after! Also the running joke is- if I don't tell you all her name, how can everyone monogram things for her! haha! You all know me well!


Mike and I have been truly blessed by strong faith building ladies in our family! Apart from our mothers there are three names we'd like to carry on for this little girl! We are so excited to have a girl, and see Graham be a big brother to a little girl! What a joy!


Her first name....
There are two parts to "her" first name. Elanora is Mike's grandmother Walker's first name. She is a lady that loves so many around her. She is strong through trying times, and trust in God through the storms of life. She always has a positive attitude even when she is hurting! She has meant a lot to Mike through so many life situations and we love that we'll have the opportunity to name our little girl after Miss Ellie! We will call our little girl Ellie, and that is the first part to her name.....
The second part to Ellie's name....
My Grandmother Bruner is known to be full of life to say the least! She is someone that loves having fun, wears the highest high heels of anyone I know, loves to entertain, enjoys telling great children's stories, and loves Christmas time. She is someone who loved taking all (5) of her grandchildren of great trips growing up, and enjoyed making our summers full of fun! She keeps people laughing, and loves to laugh herself! Grandmother Bruner's first name is Ann! So-- Ellie's second part to her name is Anna. Making her first name Ellianna! We are so thankful to have Grandmother as someone that this little girl will carry of her fullness of life as she enters this world!

Ellianna's middle name is......
If you've known me very long you know there is a special place in my heart for my Me me! She is my mom's mom and she is a lady that loves anyone she is around, thinks to world of anyone, is gentle in her spirit, and loves God with every part of her being! She is simple and real! I remember as a child learning to pray with her as I listened to her heart speak to God at night. I loved how she spoke to the Lord. She loves caring for others, baking cakes, sending letters, and loves her family greatly! I couldn't have a little girl and not name her after this precious inspiration in my life. She so dear to me. Me me's name is Montine Vera Moore. So, Ellie's middle name is going to Vera, meaning Faith and truth! Which is so true to be the middle name of this lady!
So with all that being said, our little baby girl's name will be:
Ellianna Vera Morrow
- and we will call her Ellie!

5 comments:

The Beckners said...

Shelli,

I loved it when you told me your were going to call her Ellie...but hearing her whole name I love it even more. What an awesome legacy of women...Ellianna will be amazing just like her mommy! We are so exited for ya'll.

Sarah said...

Shelli!! I love it!!!

Farris said...

I can't wait to meet sweet Ellie! I know she and Kathryn will be great friends and they'll both be here before we know it! Happy (almost) 20 weeks!

Michelle said...

that is such a beautiful name!! i love it!

The Latham Family said...

Just beautiful! You know that I of course adore this name! Her whole name is so sweet and sophisticated! Ellie is so blessed to have such a meaningful name, and such a wonderful family.